Sew Much Ado made a ruched Christmas tree skirt, and she shares a tutorial showing how she did it. The ruching creates pretty puddles of fabric around the base of your tree. The ruching is actually pretty easy to do when you use elastic thread in your bobbin. Get the tute.
[photo from Sew Much Ado]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Ruched Christmas tree skirt
- Tutorial: Poppy Dress for little girls
- Tutorial: Elastic thread shirring using a sewing machine with drop-in bobbin
- Tutorial: Clothes hanger Christmas tree
- Tutorial: Ribbon Christmas tree applique