Kate from See Kate Sew shows how to make her Vanilla Frosting dress, a simple shift dress embellished with rows of ruffles at the neckline. Her tute starts with the basic shift dress already made; you’ll need to use your favorite pattern for that part. The ruffles are made from knit fabric, so the edges of the long strips don’t have to be hemmed. The tutorial is part of her Ruffles 2012 series. Get the tute.
[photo from See Kate Sew]
- Tutorial: Posey Blouse with ruffles and ruched cap sleeves
- Tutorial: Pretty In Pink ruffled dress for a baby girl
- Tutorial: Little girl’s ruched A-line dress
- Tutorial: Ombre ruffled dress for little girls
- Tutorial: Little girl’s Jungle Ruffle Dress