Though a traditional accessory, a man’s bow tie needn’t only be made from a traditional fabric print. AlwaysMod (the Marimekko blog) shares a tutorial showing how to sew a DIY bow tie, and shows it done up in a variety of modern prints. Their tutorial uses the pattern in the Marimekko Surrur Book. Go to AlwaysMod to see how to sew it up.
[photo from the AlwaysMod]
- Free pattern: Classic cuffed Christmas stocking
- Tutorial: Soft fabric “seek and find” or “I spy” book
- oyFree pattern: Short-sleeved shirt for 12-18 month toddler boys
- Free pattern: Toddler A-line dress with Peter Pan collar
- Free pattern: Reader’s book bag