I love the texture that faux fur can add to a sewing project, but all that fur can be difficult to work with. If you cut it wrong, you end up with the pile chopped short at the edges. If you’re not careful when sewing the pieces together, you end up with the pile tucked into the seam. But don’t worry. Sew4Home shares detailed tips for sewing on this tricky fabric and getting the results you want. Get the tutorial.
[photo from Sew4Home]
By Anne Weaver
- Read all about it: Tips for sewing on faux fur
- Tutorial: Use faux piping for an easy seam finish
- Tutorial: Freezer paper stencils using a digital cutter
- Tutorial: Sewing striped fabrics
- Tips for sewing on fluid fabrics