Bev from Flamingo Toes shares a tutorial showing how to make a sewing tool caddy and pincushion. The base is a 3×3 wood block, wrapped with a fabric strip to hold tools and topped with a matching pincushion. The compact caddy holds your basic notions without taking up too much of a footprint on your sewing space. Get the tute.
[photo from Flamingo Toes]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Sewing caddy with removable pincushion
- Tutorial: Sewing caddy and Hello Kitty pincushion
- Tutorial: Traveling Pincushion with place to store your thread
- Tutorial: Hexagon sewing caddy and pincushion
- Read all about it: Masking tape as an unconventional sewing tool