When I think of a maxi dress, I think of a dress with a long gathered skirt. Liz from Cotton & Curls shows how to make a more shape hugging version of the maxi dress. The silhouette is long and lean, fitting tight through the torso and hips and falling into a long column skirt. Go to her blog for the tutorial.
[photo from Cotton & Curls]
- Tutorial: Easy A-line knit maxi skirt
- Tutorial: Trousers to maxi skirt refashion
- Tutorial: Gathered Drape Skirt with side pockets
- Tutorial: Gathered camisole dress from a maxi skirt
- Tutorial: Drawstring waist maxi dress