If you want your curves smooth and your corners pointy when you stitch & turn a seam right side out, you need to clip or notch the seam allowance. Ashley from Make It and Love It shares a tutorial on her blog showing how to do it. The little snips make all the difference! Go to the tutorial.
[photo from Make It and Love It]
[tags]sewing, tutorial, smooth, point, corner, turning, notching, clipping, curves[/tags]
- Tutorial: Clipping for sharp corner points
- Tutorial: Keep your corners sharp when turning a seam right side out
- Tutorial: Make a zippered pouch with neat squared corners
- Tutorial: How to unzip a zipper when the pull is on the wrong side
- Tutorial: Sewing curved seams