Tam from Sew Dang Cute shows how to add cool texture to a throw pillow using frayed fabric strips. She alternates the stitch direction to create a zig zag effect. You can make the zig zags in contrasting fabrics (shown here), or get a more subtle look with tone on tone stripes. Get the how-to.
[photo from Sew Dang Cute]
- Tutorial: Throw pillow with ruffled strip
- Tutorial: Quilted Stripes throw pillow
- Tutorial: Ruffled plaid throw pillow
- Tutorial: Gathered muslin throw pillow with rolled fabric rosettes
- Tutorial: Make a ruffled throw pillow from a bedsheet