Tracing around an existing garment is a quick and easy way to create a pattern to make more garments with the same shape. But it can be tricky to get an accurate tracing without cutting apart the garment. Show, Tell, Share tells how you can keep the original garment flat and getting an accurate trace. Go to their post to find out how.
[photo from Show, Tell, Share]
By Anne Weaver
- Read all about it: Getting the size right on a sewing pattern
- Tutorial: Create a sewing pattern from a favorite garment
- Tutorial: Trace an existing garment to create your own sewing blocks
- Tutorial: Use freezer paper to cut small pattern pieces
- New tutorial series for tracing patterns from magazines