Ashley from Lil Blue Boo shares a tutorial on her blog showing two methods for painting a custom monogram to a tote bag. The first is a freezer paper stencil, and the other a one-time-use silk screen using a paper stencil and a blank screen. I am particularly intrigued by the second method. The paper stencil creates the outline of the image, while the silk screening method gets even paint coverage. Brilliant! Get the tutorial.
[photo from Lil Blue Boo]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Geometric stencil jeans
- Tutorial: DIY graphic fabric prints
- Tutorial: Freezer paper stencils using a digital cutter
- Tutorial: Household object + spray paint = custom fabric
- Tutorial: Freezer paper stenciling