Wendi Gratz from Shiny Happy World is making softies from faux fur, using applique to give her little guys their cute monster facial features. Applique on faux fur is a little different than on other fabrics, so she shares a video tutorial showing how she does it . Go to her blog for the video.
[photo from Shiny Happy World]
By Anne Weaver
- Video tutorial: Sewing on stretch fabrics
- Video tutorial: Sewing velvet without slippage
- Six Months of Softies patterns
- Tutorial: Cutting and sewing faux fur
- Video tutorial: Edgestitching and topstitching