Emily Tao has another pattern drafting tutorial to add to her YouTube series. This one shows how to draft a pattern for a hidden button placket on a shirt. This is a feature where the button placket is hidden behind a strip of fabric (called a guard). Her tutorial shows how to make the guard, the placket hidden behind it, and the button stand (the strip of fabric on the other side of the shirt where the buttons are stitched.) I was captivated just watching how all these pieces fit together. Go to her video to see how to draft a pattern for one.
[photo from Emily Tao on YouTube]
By Anne Weaver
- Video tutorial: Draft a pattern for a button placket
- Video tutorial: Inserting an invisible zipper
- Free pattern: Strawberry Muffin top for girls
- Tutorial: How sew a hidden button fly
- Video tutorial: Draft a pattern for a mitered facing