Vanessa from Crafty Gemini is back with another video tutorial in her series on sewing with knits. In this installment, she shares tips and tools to use to make your seams in the stretchy fabric. The video covers the types of needles and pins to use with your knit fabric, the kinds of stitches that will stretch with your fabric, and using an even feed (walking) presser foot to keep it from buckling. Go to her video.
[photo from Crafty Gemini]
By Anne Weaver
- Video tutorial: Sewing with knits – basics
- Review: Bernina 780, part 2
- Get a (presser) foot fetish!
- Choosing the right knit fabric for your project
- Tutorial: Zig zag stitches 3 ways