You can find free patterns for American Girl, BFC Inc, and Karito dolls at Liberty Jane Patterns. They have a full line of clothing patterns for these popular dolls, but they offer a number of them for free so you can try them out.
Most of the free patterns are for simpler designs, such as t-shirts and tanks, but the patterns for sale include awesome tunics, jackets, dresses, etc. Styles range from trendy to historical.
I am especially happy to see that there are patterns for a BFC doll. My daughter has one of those and it’s rather difficult to find clothes that fit.
See their free patterns. (And then click around to see what cute patterns are available to purchase for each doll.)
[photo from Liberty Jane]
By Anne Weaver
- Colette Patterns launches with sewing patterns for the indie fashion-lover
- Free pattern: Mini felt dolls and clothes
- Tutorial: Doll clothes from a baby’s onesie
- Check it out: Miss B Couture tutorials for Barbie doll clothes
- Dolly Donations bring dolls to children in need