Sew Delightful is a group of sewists who have come together with the goal of providing handmade dresses to girls in need around the world. They call their project Dress A Girl Around the World. If you have ever been the recipient of a handmade garment, or perhaps have seen the delight on a child’s face when they wear something made just for them, then you understand how much a simple dress can mean.
So far, they’ve sent 12,000 dresses to 35 countries. Their goal this year is to make it to the 50,000 mark. Check out their blog to read more about their project and to help them make their goal. You can also get more detailed information at the Dress A Girl Around the World website, including links to patterns to make dresses.
- Lookie what she’s making: 21 days of dresses
- Create H.O.P.E. sew-along
- Tutorial: Pillowcase dress variations
- Tutorial: Shaped pockets for little girl dresses, plus templates
- Handmade pillowcases needed