Justine from Sew Country Chick guest blogs in the (30) Days of Sundresses series at Melly Sews with a tutorial showing how to make her Easy and Chic Maxi Dress for little girls. At first glance, it looks like the bodice is made with elastic shirring. Actually, it’s made from 1/4 inch elastic threaded through casings. The bodice is made from two layers of fabric, so it’s faster and easier than you’d think to sew all of these casings. Go to the tutorial.
[photo from Sew Country Chick on Melly Sews]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Little girls’ Shirred Circus Dress
- Tutorial: Pillowcase dress or top with an elastic neckline
- Tutorial: Lettuce Edge Maxi Dress, designed for full busted women
- Tutorial: Circle Me In Sunshine dress for little girls
- Tutorial: Bayern Sundress for little girls