Debbie from Squiggly Twigs Designs shares a tutorial telling how she upcycled a pair of sleeve cuffs into a beautiful headband. Brilliant!! The cuffs are already finished on the edges, so it’s just a matter of sewing them into one long strip and then adding the elastic. The cuffs she used were left over from previous refashion and have beautiful embroidered motifs, but you could use plain sleeve cuffs as well. Get the how-to.
[photo from Squiggly Twigs Designs]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Stylish short-sleeved t-shirt from a plain long-sleeved tee
- Tutorial: Make a headband from a t-shirt sleeve
- Tutorial: Getting a strip of fabric from a dress shirt sleeve
- Tutorial: Lengthen t-shirt sleeves to create a layered look
- Tutorial: Shorten a sleeve while maintaining original hem