When your sewing project calls for a seam allowance that isn’t marked on your sewing machine, you can create a custom seam gauge with masking tape. Find out how from Christine Sews.
[photo from Christine Sews]
[tags]sewing, tutorial, masking, tape, seam, gauge, allowance[/tags]
By Anne Weaver
- Read all about it: Masking tape as an unconventional sewing tool
- Tutorial: DIY bias tape – no gadgets necessary!
- Tip: Keeping cutting info for bias tape right where you need it
- Tutorial: Bias tape v-neck on knit fabric
- Tutorial: How to create bound seams