Kirstin & Jordan from kojodesigns show how to make their Pretty In Pink dress for a baby girl. The bodice is trimmed with pleated knit strips, and the dress is covered in layers of ruffles. The base of the dress is a repurposed t-shirt, whch will be soft against baby’s skin. They used their AccuQuilt Go! Baby die cutter to cut the strips for the ruffles, but you could always cut those by hand. The frayed edges of the ruffles add pretty texture, but if you didn’t want the rough edges you could use a knit fabric for the ruffles. Get the tutorial.
[photo from kojodesigns]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Ruffled baby dress lined in soft knit fabric
- Tutorial: Baby hat from a t-shirt
- Tutorial: Knotted knit hat for baby or toddler
- Tutorial: Fabric circle coasters
- Tutorial: Modern circle throw pillow