Shauna from Shwin & Shwin adds another technique to her Sewing 101 series with a post showing how to smock a piece of fabric. Smocking uses a pattern of small tucks to create a textured design on a piece of fabric! Her tutorial shows how to make two different smocked designs – honeycomb and wave. Go to her tutorial to find out how to do it.
[photo from Shwin & Shwin]
- Tutorial: Create honeycomb tucks
- Tutorial: Use facings to finish necklines and armholes
- Tutorial: Eleanor Rigby Top for little girls
- Free pattern: Love Birds pintucked top for toddler girls
- Tutorial: Custom fabric prints with fabric dye