Sewing on knit fabrics isn’t that hard, so long as you know how to control the stretch. One of the most frustrating things is when sewing the hem on a knit stretches the fabric. Oooh, that just burns me up! Especially if the hem is the last step on an otherwise perfect project. Lex from What The Craft shares a video tutorial showing two ways you can avoid a stretched out hem on stretchy knit fabric. Go to her video to see what to do.
[photo from What The Craft]
By Anne Weaver
- Video tutorial: Sewing on stretch fabrics
- Video tutorial: Stitches and tools for sewing on knits
- Video tutorials: Hemming knits four ways
- Tutorial: Simple sewing tip to avoid stretched out seams on knit fabric
- Video tutorial: Sewing a stretch knit cuff or band